Do you like small town living with
the big cities only 17 or 23 miles away?
Welcome home to Williston, Florida!**An American Heartland Small Town**
The Way Life Ought to Be.
Williston lies in the northeast corner of Levy county and represents a crossroads. An American heartland small town with approximate population of 2800 people, surrounded by a variety of working farms, later-day private homesteads and miles of scenic back-roads. The area attracts independent minded people from all over Florida as well as many new Floridians who want to put a little distance between their homes and the Interstate/shopping center/traffic jam scenes that so dominate our modern activities.
The area has many hidden treasures that make it a wonderful place to live and work, raise a family or retire. Locals take for granted the peace and quiet of the surroundings, the low crime rate, and the overall healthy, unpolluted environment.Harriett Downs Real Estate has been proudly servicing your real estate needs for over 25 years with coverage throughout Williston and the surrounding areas including Morriston, Raleigh, Bronson, and Montbrook. As a buyer or seller, looking for a real estate partner, experience and knowledge are key factors. Our associates live here, work here and are proud of our town. Just ask!
OUR ASSOCIATESCall or today!
Linda Jane Cramer cell 352/843-1133 office 352/528-5515
Bill McCurdycell 352/812-4599 office 352/528-5515
Marc Pompeo cell 352/538-5551 office 352/528-0907
352-528-5515 or 352-528-0907 or toll free 1-866-871-0507
Founding member W.A.C.L.S - Williston Area Co-op Listing System
- Williston is located in rural Levy County in north central Florida.
- According to recent population estimates, there are 2,768 people in Williston and 40,801 people in Levy County. Over 600,000 people live within 50 miles of Williston.
- The elevations around Williston vary from 75 to 100 feet above mean sea level, the city is surrounded by rolling green hills, although the city's Industrial Community is almost perfectly flat.
- Williston has a temperate climate. Average temperatures range from 57.9/F in January to 82.1/F in August. Average annual rainfall is 45.3 inches. The city's inland location greatly reduces any dangers from tropical storms.
- Williston has five schools including four public schools. Two community colleges, a vo-tech center, and the University of Florida are within 25 miles of Williston.
- Two weekly and two daily newspapers serve the area. No local television stations. Most networks are available through cable or satellite.
- The Williston public library is located at 10 SE 1st Street and Noble Avenue. It has 10,000 books and is a member of the Levy County Library System.
- There are 15 churches, representing most major denominations.
- Social and fraternal organizations are available for the civic minded.
- Williston has a Mayor-Council form of government. The city can arrange revenue bonds to help qualified industries establish local plan facilities.
- Medical Services
- Tri-County Hospital has 40 beds and provides 24 hour emergency services and a 4 bed intensive care unit.
- Oakview Nursing Home has 180 beds.
- There are 10 physicians, 3 dentists and 2 chiropractors in Williston.
- Electric service is provided by the city of Williston to customers inside the city limits. The city offers water, sewer, and natural gas service inside the city limits. These services will be extended to the industrial community when warranted by sufficient demand. Century Link provides telephone service to the area.
- An 11 police officer and 5 reserve officer force protects both the city and the Industrial Community.
- A 30 firefighter volunteer fire department offers protection to the city and the Industrial Community. Williston has a fire insurance rating of 7.
- Lifestyles and Recreation
- Williston offers a great deal more than most comparable sized small cities. Recreation is centered around the outdoors with excellent opportunities for golf, hunting, fishing, camping, boating, cave diving and horse back riding. The city has several parks including lighted tennis courts and athletic fields. Residential areas are quiet and shaded by large oak trees. Newer neighborhoods feature modern homes of brick and glass. Apartments are available.
- Williston has two banks.
- Southwind Industrial Community
- Located 2 miles south of Alternate 27 and U.S. 41. Approximately 700 acres are available for light and medium industrial uses. Parcels vary in size from 1 to 30 acres. The city prefers to lease parcels to provide a continuing source of revenue to fund planned improvements. The community is zoned M-1 for industrial land uses. Minimum lot size is one acre with required setbacks.
- The city is located on U.S. 41 and U.S. 27. Interstate 75 is minutes away to the east and north.
- CSX Transportation tracks run through the city. Freight service is available.
- Williston Municipal Airport is located adjacent to the Industrial Community. It features 2 runways of 7000 and 5000 feet. A portion of the larger runway is lighted. Facilities include a fixed base operator, aircraft maintenance and charter services. Adjoining acreage within the fenced airport tract are excellent locations for aviation related industries.
- Gainesville Regional Airport located 22 miles north, provides daily flights by a number of national airlines. Charter service is available at Williston Municipal Airport.
- At least three trucking companies from Gainesville and Ocala serve the Williston area.
- The City of Williston has a lot to offer your business or industrial operation!! In fact, Williston probably has more to offer than any comparably sized city in Florida. Along with all the natural climate and tax advantages Williston offers you a central location, access to strategic markets, a cooperative municipal government and a wholesome rural atmosphere.
- The City of Williston wants to grow, but not at any cost. Williston's way of life is rooted on the surrounding countryside. Agriculture is still a primary activity. Orderly growth and the attraction of clean, well managed enterprise are the city's goals. The city is eager to work with industries which respect the land as much as the people of Williston do themselves.
Visitor count since 08/25/2000 is 441544
Copyright ©2000-2014 Homes.com, Inc. All Rights
is one of the
largest Internet real estate sites with hundreds of thousands of homes for sale and apartment rentals with photos,
descriptions, and relocation services. The advertisers and publishers are not responsible or liable for misinformation,
misprints, or other errors. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently
verified. Properties subject to prior sale or rental.